Meeting nice people

Yeah .. Maybe I've ranted about the negative vibe that finally came to a head concerning crewing for the captain. Time to post about the positive feelings I experienced once I'd said my piece and made the decision to go my separate way.
Actually I've already described that feeling of being dropped on the dock and my walk up the beach.
I wanted to blog how grateful I feel to have met Norma sitting in her VW Westfalia Van. I've thought about getting a VW camper van and going on adventures like her and regularly check online for used Westies. How cool to meet a solo traveler of a similar age who'd driven from B.C. Canada to Punta Allen less than 50 steps from getting out of the dinghy! Sure I was relieved of concerns of catching a ride north but she was really fun and interesting to talk to. This we did quite a bit the following day...my 60th birthday.
... Then as I was walking about looking for a place that might except credit cards I ran into Rose and Ross a cool young couple from England. As it turned out the place they were staying was perhaps one of only two businesses in Punta Allen that took credit cards.? I stopped looking so don't really know but with no mobile coverage or phone or power I'm sure it's a rarity in this end of the road town. Next thing you know I was wondering who I might be catching a ride with? Rose and Ross were heading up to Playa Del Carmen in a couple days so I caught a ride.
I feel very lucky to have crossed paths with these lovely travelers! Thanks so much!

Norma, Rose and Ross in Punta Allen. A brief stop in the Tulum area where Rose and Ross had stayed earlier

Comments