Another beach on Long Island .. 01/12

On our final day Monday, January 12th, anchored in Thompson Bay on Long Island, Otis dinghyed over and asked if anyone wanted to join he and his wife Marty to walk across to the southern beach.  Candace and I expressed interest and at 1:30 we were picked up and dinghyed over to the government dock and walked the road across to the beach.  It was still heavy with plastic trash but perhaps on some level had a bit less.  We walked the beach back and forth and took the photos below.. 
We also saw a sea turtle near shore that morning when we went to fill a couple jugs with water from a shallow well in the limestone.  It's for bathing as we want to make sure we have enough freshwater to reach ... Haiti?  There are 2 water makers on board but some thing or another must be done before they are ready to use.  Later that evening Walter and Candace went there with laundry and bathing stuff and bathed in plentiful freshwater..  I'd already done my bathing off the back of the boat.. I use Joy dish soap and sea water. Granted the final step is supposed to be rinsing with freshwater but it seems to make me clean enough though sure I feel the slight stickiness of saltwater residue.  I did rinse in a couple rain showers yesterday the 13th while underway.. I'm writing this on the 14th.
Now the beach photos










Comments